Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Quote Jars

I have been obsessed in the past few days with two quote jars that I am in the process of making. I have made them before, but never in the way that I have begun to make these. The gift is not just the words, the inspiration, but the time spent writing out every letter, and the folding and the cutting of the paper. In the process I'm also trying to use up some of papers and string that I have lying around. The kind of things you tell yourself "I'm going to use this someday so I had better keep it." 

Cut up pieces of paper. 

Picked some quotes I liked to share. 


Folded them up. 


Tied them with string. I didn't do this last time, but I really wanted to use the string I had because I've had it forever.


This is what one of the little guys look like.


Put them in a jar I bought from the dollar store. I almost bought a tin, but then its easier to forget what's inside. I still have a long way to go. 




Hopefully I'll finish soon, and I can show what they look like done. If I have time I might count them because I'm curious as to how many will fit in there. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of tying them, because when one is read, the string is gone, and you can see which ones you've gone through.

    ReplyDelete