Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Interview 1: 21 Questions With john

So I had been wanting to do some interviews on this blog, because I really enjoy the idea of getting to know another person. This is just the first one that I did, so it's not quite perfect, and I'd love to interview anyone who would be interested in it. I feel like by sitting down and talking to people you can really ask them questions that otherwise you wouldn't know the answer to even if you have been friends for awhile. 

Interview type: Person to Person, 21 Questions
Tuesday July 7, 2009
11:30pm
Interviewer: Alyson
Interviewed: John G. 

1. Do you prefer pens or pencils and why?
Blue pens only because I like the idea of permanence. 

2. Do you want kids when you grow up, and how many?
Yes. Under three. I think children are important. I don't know. I like kids, and I want kids because I think I could raise interesting people.

3. What is your craziest dream for the future, personal or otherwise?
Moving to another country and losing contact with everything I ever knew before. By country, I mean Paris.

4. What is your pet peeve, something that other people do that annoys you?
Making noises while eating, food sounds. Drives me up the wall.

5. Who is someone in real life, or a fictional character you feel you are most like?
J. Alfred Prufrock

6. What is the biggest mistake you've ever made in your life?
Convincing myself not to like onions because I would enjoy a lot more food.

7. If people were to gossip and say negative things about you, what would they say?
That I am bossy, gay, boring and vain.

8. What is your favourite book?
A Room of One's Own by Virginia Woolf because it is a lot of things at once. 

9. If you were an animal, what animal would you be and why?
I would probably be an opossum because I'm often out at night, and easily forgettable. 

10. If you had the ability to change your life right now, what would you change?
My appearance, my location, my intelligence, my confidence, my relationships, my life. All of it. Not to say I'm not happy, but given the opportunity, why not?

11. If the world was ending in 20 minutes, what would your very last playlist include, songs or artists?
Joni Mitchell, Belle and Sebastian, Grizzly Bear, REM, and you.

12. If you could, would you choose to be instantly famous?
No, I don't want fame.

13. What is your greatest fear?
Being alone.

14. What are 5 words that you would use to describe your childhood?
Typical, wholesome, gluttonous, spoiled. I want to say creative, but my childhood wasn't so much creative as I built things.

15. What is the nicest thing someone could do for you?
Tell me the truth.

16. Do you believe in God?
I believe in magic.

17. If you could be anyone else for 24 hours who would you be and why?
I would be a 16 year old no name boy from Illinois. Why not? Someone different from me. I don't think fame is important.

18. What was the happiest day of your life and why?
I don't remember.

19. What do you think is your greatest talent?
Listening/Pretending.

20. What was the last thing you made for someone and why?
I made Alex Bull a tape in early May because it was her birthday.

21. What is something most people like about you and your personality?
I don't really know. I ask myself often. I think that's something people often ask of themselves. "Why do people like me?"

No comments:

Post a Comment